Sunday, January 21, 2007

Church Happenings

I have just returned from a pilgrimage to the fine city of Savannah, where I was privileged to celebrate evening Communion in Reynolds Square at the monument to John Wesley (1703-1791). Wesley was the founder of Methodism, and ministered in Savannah in 1736-37. The Wesley quotes inscribed on the monument, "I look upon all the world as my parish" and "while we live let us live in earnest," seem to fit well with Communionist theology.

I look forward to celebrating Communion with many of you on our highest of Communionist holy days, Fatturday (the Saturday before Fat Tuesday), which falls on February 17, 2007. Church leaders have scheduled a planning session for Friday evening, February 9.

Peace and love,
Reverend Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home